BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, April 19, 2010

I've seen a lot of things in my life...

But that was AWESOME!

I haven’t been that excited since the Rockies got into the World Series. I was literally screaming at the top of my lungs, running through my apartment yelling “Oh my God” over and over again! (My apologies to my roommate and neighbors).

In the hundreds of hockey games I have watched in my life, I have never seen anything like that before. Dan Boyle thinks maybe the puck was deflected off a stick and then got past Nabakov, but I don’t think it hit anyone else. I think Boyle was just unlucky and put the puck into his own net.

As excited as I am for the Avs, I can only imagine how Dan Boyle must feel. To know that you are solely responsible for you team losing, especially when your team had 51 shots on goal and the opposition only had 16 shots on goal.

I think this last game will lead to one of two outcomes for the series. The first is that the San Jose Sharks will come back Tuesday night with more DETERMINATION than ever. San Jose is known as the team that “chokes in the playoffs,” and this might make them want to prove everyone wrong. It might also make Nabakov sharper in the remaining games so as not to allow any more fluke goals.

On the other side of the spectrum, this could completely DEMORALIZE the Sharks. They would never admit it, but subconsciously, players could feel like “Here we go again. This just isn’t our year.”

Ultimately, the Avs were lucky last night and I think they will have to play much better than they have the past 2 games. You can’t expect to win hockey games, especially not the Stanley Cup if you only have 16 shots on goal. You also can’t rely on your goaltender to have 51 save shutouts every game.

All I know is that Tuesday, Pepsi Center will ROCKING, I will be BOOING Rob Blake, and I will be chanting ANDY, ANDY, ANDY!!!

GO AVS!

0 comments: